Thursday, March 17, 2016

SAQA Donation 2016



Using my own stencils, including two by fiber artist, Ginny Eckley, commercial rubbing plates, my own stamps and my own free-motion, stitched and painted design, I emptied out my paint dishes then looked for a way to unify the work and give it a voice, discovering once again that sometimes a work begs to be cropped and strategically pieced to find its voice.  See Figures 1-3.  Finding Its Voice (Fig. 3).  It is my Studio Art Quilts Associates, Inc.'s donation work for 2016.



Raw Work                                                                          Fig. 1



Cropped and Grouped Work                               Fig. 2



Finding Its Voice                                                         Fig. 3



1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the progress of the cropped and grouped segments. The complexity and vibrant colors are "so Connie"!

    ReplyDelete