Sunday, January 3, 2016

Upcoming BAFA Meeting January 2016


Since Beaumont Area Fiber Artists decided to take off the last three months prior to our upcoming meeting on January 30, 2016, we decided to give ourselves some challenges.  First all those who participated in the Ugly Fabric Exchange in July 2015, were challenged to create something out of that fabric.  Jerry Lynne Domingue was the first to finish a work (Fig. 1).  My UFE work is still a work in progress (Fig. 2-3).  We also were to create a work using one of our quick monthly design challenges for 2015.  I focused on two of my Zentangle exercise drawings printing them off onto cotton fabric.  I used Watercolor Inktense Pencils and Tsukineko Ink Pens to color background and/or Zen design (Fig. 4-5).  I thread painted the Fish design for practice (Fig. 5).




Jerry Lynne Domingue                                  Fig. 1



Ugly Fabric Exchange Challenge  WIP        Fig. 2



UGEChallenge-WIPCropped                         Fig. 3




MiaZia                                            Fig. 4



Threadpainted Zen Fish                                 Fig. 5






2 comments:

  1. loving your work! Challenges create art! You have succeed. Your Inez piece spoke to me of her beauty and your achievement of giving us her soul and life--thanks! Your IKE piece certainly will be a reminder of how disaster gives us focus on what is important in our lives. Hope your art pieces will continue for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheryl. Glad you like it. I will continue to create until I can't!

    ReplyDelete