Sunday, May 24, 2015

Finished UFO's 2015

I finally quilted and put the bindings on two UFO's, one new and one old, Home Spun which I began on a retreat last year (See Figure 1 below) and Masks in Blue which I began on a retreat about 4 years ago (Figure 2).  It seems I now get most of my work done on retreats.  Both works were created and quilted on retreats where I did not have to contend with life-at-home distractions.

Home Spun was created out of my scrap basket and was made deliberately off-center, off-grain and as perfectly imperfect as I could make it.  I posted a photo of it in its quilt-top phase on FB and in an earlier post.  I used paint for a few value fixes.  It pays tribute to many happy days I spent with spinning and weaving friends learning to spin and weave even though mastering those skills always remained one of my more illusive and dubious pursuits.  Masks in Blue used African fabrics and batiks passed on to me by a quilter friend.  I have two other quilt top works-in-progress using the fabrics.  Thanks, Jerry!    

Home Spun     33"x 53"                Figure 1

Masks in Blue            51" x 50"                                   Figure 2

No comments:

Post a Comment