Monday, January 13, 2014

An Arunas Oslapas!



Before Christmas, I received an unexpected mystery package from friends.  It was an Arunas Oslapas - http://oslapas.wix.com/metal, of Red Rivet Studios. I had met Arunas some years ago and admired his work.  I loved the woven metal and other metal works that resembled quilts.  My Oslapas turned out to be a beautiful (my family room colors) woven metal umbrella stand. It was love at first sight!  To make it a bit more practical addition to our space, Mike repurposed it with a round wood base and top.  Now the umbrella stand is the best part of our new end-table. 




                                        Figure 1
Umbrella Stand by Arunas Oslapas
                                Table by Mike
 
 
 
                                         Figure 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment