Friday, August 3, 2012

Mad Happenings as Inspiration for Creation


Incoming 12x10

Natural disasters often seem to drive me into the studio.  I created my oil-slick-in-the-gulf piece, "Incoming", during the immediate after shock of the event before I saw newspaper images.  It is dyed cheesecloth, thread trash, beads and decorative threads on monoprinted cotton.

On the Move, 4x6

A fire moving uphill in thread trash and silk on dyed peltex. 

Fire and Smoke, 4x6

Abstract rendition of On the Move in thread trash...
                                                             
                        


1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you posted a picture of "Incoming", I love that piece! The two postcard-sized pieces are nice examples of your thread-trash technique, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete