Friday, December 16, 2016

IQA Classwork 2017


I finished my classwork project from Quilt Festival in November.  The class was with Ana Buzzalino who gave us the ins and outs on Transfer Artist Paper.  We had a kit containing an assortment of several different types of fabric such as velveteen and silk organza plus photos, clip art, etc., to transfer.  I transferred onto muslin and a scrap painted piece of fabric (think it was an unsuccessful gelli print) that I had brought with me to class, reds and blues, very spring-like which in this project acted as a "theme" fabric.  We then were to collage our transferred bits into something cohesive.  At the end, I thought my background too white, so I muddied it up a bit by swiping a black Fabrico ink pad over the top of it.  This really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated as some of the imagery is very subtle and barely seen...unless one is up close. It was fun to play with the process and the materials.    



 

2 comments:

  1. You succeeded in making a cohesive collage from the various bits & pieces ... and what a great idea to tone down the white background the way you did. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete