Friday, November 14, 2014

Quilt Festival Classwork 2014



I took a very interesting mixed-media class this year with Cecille Whatman of Australia.  We transferred images onto very thin Lutradur, stamped images onto Teabag paper, used commercially-designed papers, gel medium, paint and encaustic wax to create our own surface design.
I began with the back of a commercially-printed neutral off-white fabric and began painting and layering on images, finishing with an encaustic wax "smear" overall.  I ultimately cut my work down to 4" x 6" postcard size pieces in order to have a primary focus on each piece and a greater sense of scale.  This was a fun class (see figure 1).  My favorite - see figure 2.


\

                                                                                        figure 1
 
 
 
                                                                    figure 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment